Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

What is She Doing There?!


Uhhh, I'm not sure how to explain this one. Here we have a female deer bedded down in the leaf mulch bin over at Dean. Maybe it's moist and therefore cool? Maybe she feels comforted by the feeling of a cage-like structure? If this wasn't weird enough, this happens to be at least the third time Jeff spotted her here, so she's making a habit of it. The heat can have deleterious effects on brains, mine included. I dunno, just thought I'd share.

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree she does look a little pregnant, she was there again this afternoon.

      Delete
  2. And no comments about my mulch pen! I constructed (big word for this thing) the pen out of recycled planks from an old dilapidated fence on the property.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don’t worry, it looks fine. The important thing is how awesome the mulch is!

      Delete
  3. What an amazing shot. Although I have to say she looks like she is posing for her picture. It really is curious why she beds down in the compost, with no fear or caution about being so near humans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I left comments about how awesome the mulch pen is ... but they are not here. I'm impressed that it is made from an old fence - kudos for recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spectacular photo! I agree and think one day soon you may find two laying in your mulch pen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not pregnant already! I've just put on a few pounds....geez.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is hysterical. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete