Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

No, Thank YOU!

Yeah, I'm still here.

I hope you haven't abandoned me in despair. I realize it's been a long time since I last posted anything, but since the garden has been put to bed for winter, I've been otherwise occupied and lacking any inspiration. Anyhoo, there's just not that much going on out there right now. During the gardening season, I happily spend every day toiling away outside, all the while neglecting projects inside. OK, maybe not neglecting, maybe just postponing until colder weather arrives. Right now we're painting some rooms in the house, re-arranging some furniture, and doing some minor repairs and general redecorating. Not really blog material there. Sometimes we all have some catching up to do, don't we? I plan on working on some photography projects in the near future, some garden related, so you can expect to see a little of that here soon (for better or worse).

Meanwhile, I'd like to THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU DEAR READERS who grant me a few seconds or minutes of your busy day. I'm sincerely grateful that anyone out there finds what I have to share interesting in the least.

Here's a little seasonal inspiration from this week...

Frosted Blueberries 

Catmint and Birch leaves

When the sun rises on a clear morning, for a brief moment the faux prairie looks as if it's on fire. There's a gap in the tall White Pines that allows the light to hit only upon the "prairie" before coming around the corner onto the lawn. The frost on the lawn in the shade increases the contrast in color nicely, I think.

11 comments:

  1. I love that last picture. It's like there was fire. Beautiful. Next year, when I'm back in my work, we'll renovate our house as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that you have not abandoned your blog! Very nice photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you're here as well. These are lovely pics. Late fall and winter are indeed slow seasons for many things. I'm starting to feel like hibernating myself. Alas, that's not for us humans.. is it? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary :-) I think we can hibernate, even if it's only one weekend at a time.

      Delete
  4. That last beautiful photo of the mountains and grasses makes me long to see old Virginia again !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Randy, I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  5. Your prairie grasses are gorgeous in the early sunlight! Don't think of it as faux prairie, think of it as a real garden of grasses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jason, I guess you're right, it does attract an awful lot of life and activity.

      Delete
  6. Living out in the country really makes me appreciate what all I have around me. I keep props to who created this article because it is nice to read a variety of things for once that seem to pertain straight to me!

    ReplyDelete