Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. -Dolly Parton

I'm not complaining, for there will surely be a time this summer when we would give just about anything for some of this.

The rain barrel has been full and overflowing for weeks, we keep emptying it into buckets to store elsewhere, and it fills right back up during the next storm.

"I can't do anything with my hair when it's this humid. I think I'll take another nap."

It's almost chrysalis time!

Everybody was drinking up the nectar as soon as the rain stopped.

I like honeybees. I like purple flowers. I like honeybees on purple flowers.

3 comments:

  1. You are so right~I will miss this rain when the drought arrives this summer! I love pollinators on plants, roo...You have a few beauties. gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband used to run out and fill buckets too as the rain barrels overflowed. We now have six joined together which holds more than 350 gallons with a switch to turn it off to the main downspout.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos!

    We're getting a lot of rain here too...and I'm just happy I don't have to water the things I've transplanted. (I only wish I'd transplanted MORE before the rain.)

    ReplyDelete