Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

They grow up so fast...

This one has exposed his orange osmeterium on top of his head as a warning since I was invading his personal space.

The bigger they get, the more they eat, of course, so I'm replenishing their parsley a couple of times per day.

From the biggest ones, from the first batch...

...to the smallest one from the second batch, I currently have 16 caterpillars inside.

My set-up, a small reptile terrarium on a glass shelf in the sunroom. The black sprinkles on the bottom of the terrarium are poop! I'm gonna need to get another terrarium, since I'll need to add some sticks for them to wander about on as they look for a place to build their chrysalis and pupate.

5 comments:

  1. Quite many caterpillars! They're growing so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am so impressed! Also jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear they double in size every two days!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you're doing this!! They love curly parsley, dill, fennel, rue, and carrot tops, too. I'd be glued to the terrarium watching them all them time.

    ReplyDelete